Saturday 1 March 2014

Editing "Zen and Bodhi's Snowy Day



I have had so much fun painting the cute little koalas, Zen and Bodhi.  We have so many ideas for the pair who are at one with nature, including plush toys. Very exciting!!!
Today I have been scanning and editing all the elements of the pages and putting the spreads together.  I work in acrylic paints on watercolour paper and love the traditional way I work as I feel it is becoming a rare skill with the ever developing digital art packages.
As I work internationally I need to scan in my work and then send the sketches and final artwork either by email or a file sharing service therefore my traditional inevitably becomes digital.  I decided to start painting individual elements of the page separately as it became evident things needed resizing or moved etc so I now use Photoshop to piece together characters, objects and backgrounds and maintaining the whole traditional feel to the illustration. 


No comments:

Post a Comment